Attaching UV sterilizer to cannister filter

darkside7747

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 16, 2023
Messages
39
Reaction score
1
Location
5153 rue william
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently bought a aqua UV Advantage 15 watt UV sterilizer and I have a Fluval 207 anyone know how I could connect them

​

 
Nice video on replacing Fluval hose with clear vinyl.
Says to go with 7/8OD x 5/8ID. The 5/8"ID might be too big for the UV input barb. I would just bring the UV to HD and test it with the vinyl hose. Might get lucky and only the one size hose will work on both items. If it's too big for the UV you will need to get a small bit of vinyl hose to attach to the UV and a step down barb fitting to go from the two different size hoses.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 28.6%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 32.1%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.4%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new