Zoa_Fanatic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m about to get some pulsing Xenia that’s loose. How the heck do I attach it to a plug or rock or whatever? Not sure about the size of the frag I’m getting.

mikereefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've super glued them just fine to plugs. One thing to note is that they start to slime once you take em out so I just dab the base of the Xenia dry before dabbing it into glue and letting the glue set in saltwater

OP
OP
Zoa_Fanatic

Zoa_Fanatic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've super glued them just fine to plugs. One thing to note is that they start to slime once you take em out so I just dab the base of the Xenia dry before dabbing it into glue and letting the glue set in saltwater
And they don’t get negatively effected by the glue at all?

itsken37

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
cut flow + rubble band works well for me. I'd be careful of superglue on soft coral. just because it works once doesn't mean it will work every time. I lost some soft coral by getting even a little on them.

OP
OP
Zoa_Fanatic

Zoa_Fanatic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
cut flow + rubble band works well for me. I'd be careful of superglue on soft coral. just because it works once doesn't mean it will work every time. I lost some soft coral by getting even a little on them.
Will these things pull all the nutrients out of my tank and kill everything else? Saw that in another post

mikereefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And they don’t get negatively effected by the glue at all?
No negative effects. Super glue is what I use for almost everything minus my Koji wada/neptheas. My neptheas I have to use the rubber band trick. I've put xenias on over 10 plugs recently (I hate throwing away coral) and they're all doing fine

Back