ATTENTION all PNW Reefers!! Come one come all!

V A R I A N T

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks all for the welcome and information. Looking forward to visiting these shops in the future. I’m located in Oak Harbor, so city water for me. In reading the water quality report, I’m glad to have my 7 stage RODI unit!

MERKEY

Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
How do I get the PNW badge?
That's a great question.....

Blaine who "admins" the Pacific Northwest reefers group here is actually now in California and has been for over a year. I doubt hes moving back up here......I don't see him much on here any more to be honest.

Blaine is a solid dude but he doesn't live up here anymore nor follow this page as much as when he was living up here, we all have lives lol.

"Eventually" he will see this and you will get your badge.

I've tried to contact @revhtree and Blaine about not having a local run our club here on r2r but I got 0 response. I know he gets a lot of messages and sometimes things slip by.

It would be nice if a local was admin for a local club....just saying. @revhtree @Peace River.

Last edited:

MERKEY

Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
yes it would....and it sounds like you the man for job....wish we had a club good luck
You're in Bali....that must be so beautiful!!!

OK ok is it as beautiful and enjoyable as I'm hoping :p :winking-face-with-tongue:
Dab Bali GIF by dockandbay

Islandvib3s

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yes it would....and it sounds like you the man for job....wish we had a club good luck
Actually we do have a club. Im actually a board member. Pnwmas.org. we have monthly meetings,food,raffles,frag swaps. Check us out. Membership is cheap,comes with free food,a raffle ticket,and club par meter rental.

monkeyCmonkeyDo

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We used to have a very active wa state group but it dissolved.
The $ was donated to the local aquarium in seattle.

Currently your options are a frag fb swap and sell group ran by a local in auburn wa.
Or the group mentioned above which originated out of Oregon bit has grown to all the pnw.
Or the fresh water group the greater Seattle aquarium society which has an active and large group of sw ppl.

Hths you. I'm flying solo. Lol.
D

BaliReefBox

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You're in Bali....that must be so beautiful!!!

OK ok is it as beautiful and enjoyable as I'm hoping :p :winking-face-with-tongue:
Dab Bali GIF by dockandbay
Yep it is very nice here. Bali itself is very busy around the tourist areas however once you get out a bit or off to one of the many many islands it is even better. Weather is great and the best thing is we dont buy small 1" frags or small single torches we get a colony or 4-5 head for a couple of dollars...sorry just had to throw that in

Aqua Man

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've tried to contact @revhtree and Blaine about not having a local run our club here on r2r but I got 0 response. I know he gets a lot of messages and sometimes things slip by.
Was wondering. Thank for trying to get us some more bannered reefers! PNW reefers need to represent! Lol

MERKEY

Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Actually we do have a club. Im actually a board member. Pnwmas.org. we have monthly meetings,food,raffles,frag swaps. Check us out. Membership is cheap,comes with free food,a raffle ticket,and club par meter rental.
Yes this is more of an Oregon and Southern Washington group if I do recall.

I tried to join years ago and it was just too far away as we are on whidbey.

It would be cool if we were closer tho.

We used to have a very active wa state group but it dissolved.
The $ was donated to the local aquarium in seattle.

Currently your options are a frag fb swap and sell group ran by a local in auburn wa.
Or the group mentioned above which originated out of Oregon bit has grown to all the pnw.
Or the fresh water group the greater Seattle aquarium society which has an active and large group of sw ppl.

Hths you. I'm flying solo. Lol.
D
I'd be down to start a Seattle group again.

What was the reason it fell apart before?

MERKEY

Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
No one to pass the baton to
D
Well dang....I'm a day late and a dollar short as they say hahaha

That is a shame tho....if we could get a "northern" PNW Group going I'd definitely do what I could to contribute in anyway.

They did keep the annual frag swap/vendor sale going though
D

I think we go to that one but I forget it's name lol

monkeyCmonkeyDo

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Me too. Used to be called the Bob Moore frag swap I'm honor of the person Bob Moore who gave away his blue stag acropora trimmings for free or practically nothing like $5 back in the day. Anyway. Ppl said it wasn't a swap but more of a vendor sales event so they changed the name and kept whatever profits to run the event the following year. Was are biggest event of the year and is quite a set up and tear down.
I helped maybe 2 or 3 yrs and finally called it quits.
D

MERKEY

Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Me too. Used to be called the Bob Moore frag swap I'm honor of the person Bob Moore who gave away his blue stag acropora trimmings for free or practically nothing like $5 back in the day. Anyway. Ppl said it wasn't a swap but more of a vendor sales event so they changed the name and kept whatever profits to run the event the following year. Was are biggest event of the year and is quite a set up and tear down.
I helped maybe 2 or 3 yrs and finally called it quits.
D
Oh ya Bob still sets his stand up at all the events if I'm not mistaken;)

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 50 40.7%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 15 12.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 33 26.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 23 18.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.6%
Back