Aussie Gold Torch with a covering on the stem

  • Thread starter Thread starter hsingh
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

hsingh

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 30, 2019
Messages
33
Reaction score
17
Location
Glen Rock
What state or country do you live in
New Jersey
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there,
I have an Aussie Gold Torch that’s been opening well, had it almost a year now and even though it’s grown larger, it’s not split into multiple heads. I noticed that there was some sort of covering over the stem and took the torch out to investigate. The covering is soft but does seem to be part of the torch. I ended up damaging some as I removed a vermitid snail (see picture). Is this covering part of the torch? Or do I need to remove it? The second picture shows the spot where I removed the vermitid snail)
E297B0DC-2AAD-400F-A67C-9036DCB0C334.jpeg
F3FA44C1-46E1-4444-8B0B-6D01F55328F0.jpeg
0C4E56A9-9089-40FA-AEA0-D77E7E71438B.jpeg
6E32A819-DE39-4DC4-8C5E-0C0B024404DA.jpeg
 
I dont know what it is...could be a sponge but the way its entrusting the coral and plug is interesting, and the color is intriguing.
 
It was a sponge. I removed it and now the torch is opening up a lot more then it used to
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 7 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 52 33.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new