Aussie golds, hardy or doomed?

  • Thread starter Thread starter yanni
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

yanni

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 7, 2021
Messages
644
Reaction score
358
Location
Australia
What state or country do you live in
Australia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all!!

I’ve been considering getting an Aussie gold torch for a while, I’m absolutely mesmerised with them. They’re amazing.

My only concern is I’ve heard they can be quite finicky and tend to die randomly, which I don’t want to happen haha.

Is this a common problem, or is it just a lot of negativity which is mainly heard? I’m not in a position to get an indo gold as Australia won’t import them (I live in Australia), so only stuck with an Aussie as my option. I have a LFS who regularly gets them in usually in great health, but I know they can go south very quickly
 
Any info would be amazing!! I run a softie dominate tank with a few nems of different sorts, higher nutrients and daily dosing phyto and weekly of AB+ if that matters haha
 
Did you ever end up getting one? How did it go ?
 
Did you ever end up getting one? How did it go ?
I got two. The first one was an aquacultured one which thrived for 9months, then went downhill after my mini maxi crawled up its base and stung its whole flesh band:(
But it grew from one head to 5 and was thriving until then. Was beautiful.

My second was wild caught with no flesh band, got it dirt cheap. Unsurprisingly didn’t make it a few weeks. They’re hardier than we give them credit for, just need good flow and good water parameters
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 51 34.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 6.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 22 14.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new