Aussie Torch fading / bleaching

nasotang

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 24, 2007
Messages
38
Reaction score
81
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had an Aussie gold torch in my tank and has been doing fine till about a month ago. It went from Golden with purple tips to a pale yellow with white tips.

Parameters:
Ca- 430
KH- 8.5
PO4- 0
No3- 10
Mg- 1300
Lighting- 10x54 T5. Par at coral height = 210
Spot feeding 2x per week with - mysis, reef roids, pellets




Can’t figure out what’s causing the bleaching. Other torches look healthy.

Anyone experience Aussie golds bleaching before?

Some before and after pics attached.

1A01EEF4-3D3E-4C79-A20A-0BD6E485B27E.jpeg B6FF4EB4-8A3B-4A2A-B355-EEF578649151.png 78DA6D9D-F2E2-4B97-B851-9064508A678D.jpeg
 
How did you check your po4?
I think 0 po4 is very dangerous and this type of problems start to appear
 
I’m Not sure if this is true but these torch like lower par. Mine stay In about 120 par

185D2189-E493-4C15-8CFE-A3E58C68BF80.jpeg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new