Australian Dendrophyllia

reynaldoramon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I got my Dendro mid-December. Look who finally decided to make a film appearance. Not the best photo. I am
uploadfromtaptalk1426315255233.jpg
happy and excited.

uploadfromtaptalk1426315255233.jpg

reynaldoramon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow...much bigger than. My 3 little heads. Looks great. Mine still aren't completely out. Maybe 3/4 of the way.

ngvu1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got mine last weekend. It is not opening up much, but looking OK. Last night, I gave it a few pellets of the Fauna Marine ultra LPS
food and it was buffing up like it was eating them. This one has yellow tentacles. I don't know what it is called.

Pic of it 2 hours after putting in the tank
20151031_194104_zpsfus3oqrx.jpeg

TattoosandFrags

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dont know if you guys know but ive talked to a few wholesalers and they have told me its illegal to collect aussie dendros at the moment they are protected etc. I have a friend who has some out of his personal collection has some great coral ill post pics when i get mine :)

reynaldoramon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah that looks awesome. Sad to say..mine look almost exactly the same as a year ago when I first posted on this thread. Though I will see they've been coming out a little more frequently these days...but nothing like your.

ngvu1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I fed mine a bit too much I guess. This one last night was expanding way too much. I put a quarter on the out side of the tank behind it and the tip of all the tentacles were bigger than the quarter.
IMG_0120_zpsqrqueqll.jpg

and the baby is getting bigger too. It has been extremely slow in getting a new head popping out for me. This one is by far the slowest I have seen, but I have zero experience with dendro besides duncan anyway :)
IMG_0121_zpsbsxhg9jq.jpg

I need a better camera!

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 7 7.9%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 15 16.9%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 60 67.4%
  • Neither.

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 4.5%
Back