Auto doser

Jayreef23

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everybody so I bought a Jebao auto dosing pump. I’ve only been dosing alkalinity and calcium .My calcium jug doesn’t seem to be dosing too much(it’s still full) even though I have it at 205 ml and I’ve been dosing 60 ml alkalinity and the alkalinity jug is a lot more empty (about half way). I been checking my calcium but it doesn’t seem to go up it’s stuck at 380 and my alkalinity is going up from 9 to 10.9. I’ve been adjusting the doser accordingly but it seems like it’s backwards and it’s actually dosing what the calcium should be instead of alkalinity and vice versa.what should I do? Is there a way to check the auto dosing pump is dosing correctly?

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You should be able to access a dosing log, but it sounds like you might have an air leak in the tubing somewhere with the calcium reservoir. I don't know what size your tank is, but if you're dosing 60ml of alkalinity it would probably be a lot less calcium, ie: 20-30ml (and probably much less).

LeftyReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You've calibrated the doser pump heads, and you've bled all the air out of the lines and there isn't air being sucked into the lines anywhere?

If you've calibrated the doser and then programmed it to dose 200ml and it's not dosing 200ml then it's probably sucking air into the lines somewhere. When air gets into the lines, the doser ends up dosing air instead of your liquid supplement and at the end of the day, not enough of your additive is getting added.

check for air leaks and bleed the air out of the lines again and then see if it fixes itself.

You are sure you don't have your calcium and alkalinity containers or lines mixed up?

I been checking my calcium but it doesn’t seem to go up it’s stuck at 380 and my alkalinity is going up from 9 to 10.9. I’ve been adjusting the doser accordingly but it seems like it’s backwards and it’s actually dosing what the calcium should be instead of alkalinity and vice versa.what should I do? Is there a way to check the auto dosing pump is dosing correctly?

I assume you've made sure you don't have your 2-part containers (or lines) switched around by accident?

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 71 53.4%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 68 51.1%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 34 25.6%
  • None.

Votes: 29 21.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.8%
Back