Auto dosing

Chiefmaster30

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I’m getting really tired of manual dosing my tank daily and want to buy a doser. Has anyone used this doser? How hard is it to set up? Does it come with everything needed besides the tubing? It seems to be the cheapest option but then again I don’t want to waste my money either. Thanks in advance!
9b31e09098572792794a5d6bdf98fabd.jpg

OP
OP
Chiefmaster30

Chiefmaster30

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I Switched to using Kalk in ato and have been for 3 weeks now with no luck. I am using 2 teaspoons per gallon of ro and levels are still dropping so I’m switching back to 2 part.

rainmaker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use one programs rather easy only issues I have had is depends where motor stops it will back flow causing air in tubing to solve that problem I picked up a couple check valves from petsmart for air line tubing seemed to help but will need to watch to make sure they don't plug
That said I am planning to purchase a couple BRS dosers in near future an but the Jebao on my other tank
I am in tullahoma so if you needed help not far away

JOKER

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BRS dosers work well. Have heard many bad reviews with the jebao. Few others are around $200 range for 3 heads that are awesome

jonneyb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was using kalk in my ato for over a year, when pump went bad I got my Jebao DP-4 out of storage, I bought it a couple years ago. Hooked it up last week, be sure to calibrate it first, it's easy to program. It's good so far using BRS 2-part. It is cheap and I don't know how it will hold up long term, I figured it's a good place to start.

chipmunkofdoom2

Always Making Something
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the Jebao doser. No problems here. You'll need a 100 ml graduated cylinder to calibrate it, but other than that, very easy to use.

Dosing pumps are fairly simple. If they fail, it's more likely to just break and not dose rather than turn on and dose everything. Most of the failures I've seen with dosing pumps, whether expensive or cheap, are due to errors in programming that end users blame on the dosers. If you calibrate the pumps, verify the dosing schedule with RO/DI first, and don't use exceptionally large dosing reservoirs, you should be fine.

Personally, I would do this regardless of whether I use a cheap dosing pump or an expensive one.

Finhead

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use the Jebao works perfectly, just make sure the pump heads are on the correct way that is the biggest fault in these dosers. Some ship mounted backwards which causes issues and eventual failure.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back