auto feeders

  • Thread starter Thread starter jman9331
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

jman9331

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 18, 2015
Messages
458
Reaction score
33
Location
Suffolk Va
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was thinking of getting one of these for when I deploy next year. What are yalls thoughts/experiences with these?
 
Apex AFS. Been running on my tank over a year. Fill it once a month and forget it. I mix a blend of spectrum pellets to keep everyone happy.
 
you don't feed them frozen foods ever?

Sorry, yes. I do feed frozen. Once a week I feed LRS reef frenzy and reef roids. More for the coral, than the fish.
When we go on vacations, they only get the dry pellet mix. Never had a problem.
 
I love them with one caveat.. I now have the apex AFS. Previously I had an eheim. The only problem I had with my eheim that made me upgrade to the afs, was that the motor on the eheim stuck and emptied all the food into the tank. I have only had the apex unit for a few weeks, but it has been an awesome tool!

I feed them 4x a day with small amount of pellet(nls) given. I also feed a small amount of frozen once a day also.. But if you have a controller(apex), it is well worth the investment..
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 17.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new