Auto Feeders

  • Thread starter Thread starter PeterEde
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
That part has always been a slight issue for me as well. I use "sinking pellets" and as you stated they do still float for a bit. Also if your return & overflow are going 100% there will be an issue as well. Any chance you have the ability to turn off or slow the flow/return while feeding? Btw, some pellets are better at sinking than others. Best of luck :)
 
That part has always been a slight issue for me as well. I use "sinking pellets" and as you stated they do still float for a bit. Also if your return & overflow are going 100% there will be an issue as well. Any chance you have the ability to turn off or slow the flow/return while feeding? Btw, some pellets are better at sinking than others. Best of luck :)
My current return does not have wifi.
I can access my Kamoer doser from anywhere. Maybe I'll have to invest in a programmable return?
Or just resort to pellet only for away feeding
 
That's how I feed my pellets, when not home. An aquarium controller has been one of if not the best investments I've ever made for my tanks :)
 
If you have a Neptune AFS, Printed Reef makes an awesome feeder ring that attaches to solve this problem. Pellets land in the ring where either the fish pick them off directly or wave action sucks them under.
Great advice! I forgot about mine :)
 
Idea for acrylic and a laser cutter. Thanks
The key is having something to contain any pellets or flakes so that they don't remain loose on the surface and get immediately sucked into the overflow.
 
Is there a feeder that puts food under the surface?

When I feed I put the food under the surface to increase feed and reduce chance of food going down the over flow. Wasteful
I have tried many different ways a few years back
Nothing works better than this for the price

28B60D05-DC89-416E-BE1F-4CF25D5B78BE.png 4892B46F-87CB-4513-87F4-9FF5E3834DE6.jpeg 1FB542C3-87D6-4BDB-A138-70B4A4C1429E.jpeg
 
Last edited:
Is there a feeder that puts food under the surface?

When I feed I put the food under the surface to increase feed and reduce chance of food going down the over flow. Wasteful
Take a look at Avast Marine Plank feeder

1661737395026.png
 
I agree with the other posts Avast Plank is worth the cost.
 
Anyone use an Eheim mounted above the IM gourmet defroster or the TLF feeding ring? I have both of those and am looking to add an auto feeder for pellets, etc for when I'm on vacation (and also to make sure my wrasse is getting enough food as he tends to go to bed pretty early).
 
My auto feeder is in the return section of my sump. I use a small Sicce powerhead to keep the food suspended until it gets drawn up from the return pump. It may be trickier in an AIO tank, but I'm sure you can use the same idea, but this depends on the pumps intake size? I use NLS pellets in my feeder and there's never been an issue.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 50.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new