Auto siphon starter

  • Thread starter Thread starter Mosier99
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Mosier99

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 5, 2010
Messages
52
Reaction score
0
Location
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been think if there were to be a power outage while I am not home how do I prevent my DT from over flowing when the power does come back on. So I have this idea to take an airline hose and tap into my return and take the other end is tap it into my overflow when the power comes back on would it restart my siphon so my DT does not overflow?
 
Can you use an aqualifter pump that kicks on when the power does? Do you use a controller?
 
I could use an aqua lifter. I would just hook it up to the over flow and have the other tube going back into the tank?
 
I think so but to be honest I've never tried that. give it a try and see.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 10 24.4%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 15 36.6%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 9.8%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 7.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 12.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 7.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new