Auto top off issue

saturn13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I changed my resivor from a 5 gallon bucket to a 14 gallon and I'm running a AutoAqua Smart ATO micro, it's been great, then yesterday morning I checked and my sump has like 5 extra gallons in it :( , my salinity dropped a couple from 1.025 to 1.023/1.022. With this ATO they include a insert for the line that is supposed to break a back siphon ( I did not include im new set-up) but in this case it over pumped??? All my corals seem ok but now my concern is that this may happen again and be even worse. Other than that new bucket is a little taller because it's now on the floor vs stand and a little further away. Any ideas suggestions?

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We have a similar issue in another thread. There are a couple things you can do. You can drill a hole in your line right before it exits the reservoir so that when the pump shuts off, it'll suck in air breaking any siphon. YOu can reroute your line to help prevent siphons. Here's the thread if you'd like to check it out :)

OP
OP
saturn13

saturn13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We have a similar issue in another thread. There are a couple things you can do. You can drill a hole in your line right before it exits the reservoir so that when the pump shuts off, it'll suck in air breaking any siphon. YOu can reroute your line to help prevent siphons. Here's the thread if you'd like to check it out :)
Thank you, seeing i left the siphone gizmo out now i'll have to reinstall, if not a hole will be drilled.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back