Auto Water Change Salt

bradenr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking for some recommendations from people running Auto Water Changes. I have been using Tropic Marin Salt for the past 3 years b/c how clean it mixes. With the shortage going on with their salt I need a replacement. With running my Auto Water Change I need a salt that can sit mixed for about a month and won’t dirty up my mixing container like reef crystals does. Those that run a AWC what salt are you using.

Biglew11

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not running AWC, but I do leave saltwater in my brute for weeks months at a time with no build up or precipitation. I use red sea blue bucket.

cwerner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've used both the LIveAquaria salt, which i believe is just repackaged Fritz salt. And the Brightwell Neomarine. The neomarine mixes with less buildup (both are a lot less than RC), but takes longer to mix. The LIveAquaria mixed faster, but did appear at least to have a little more buildup in the bucket.

Both stayed mixed really well. Most of the salt mixes except for the EDIT: Red Sea Coral Pro stuff will mix and stay mixed for a long time according to a BRS video testing this concept.

Last edited:

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 57 40.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 29 20.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 35.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.6%
Back