Auto Water Change

Steven91

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, thinking about setting up an Auto water change system on my tank, debating on getting Neptune DOS to do it, to help get levels in check. What does everyone think of that idea and is there any pumps better to use than the DOS for it?

dmy535

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most people on here recommend the DOS for AWC. Sorry I don’t have first hand experience to share for you, but I did some research as well and it appears everyone’s uses DOS

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you already have an Apex, a Dos is the way to go. I have no experience with those specificly.

I have been using a GHL Maxi which is a similar product. Also I think the Ecotech Versa and Spectrpure litermeter3 would also be good options.

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve got DOS on both my systems and it works like a charm, and makes the hobby so much more enjoyable, not carrying buckets of water around

I can recommend it without hesitation and personally I wouldn’t run a tank again without it, having done it manually for years, and now with DOS

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have used both the DOS and GHI Maxi. I am presently really liking the GHL Maxi.

If your DOS is located remotely or you do not mind the noise of the DOS running, I am assuming you have a Neptune controller? The noise with the DOS is my big con. The DOS is a noise thing at that's is why I switch the the GHL Maxi.

My system is in my home office. I tried everything to quiet down the DOS to no avail. The GHL is a little more difficult to setup, but I am very happy with my choice of changing to the GHL.

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have used both the DOS and GHI Maxi. I am presently really liking the GHL Maxi.

If your DOS is located remotely or you do not mind the noise of the DOS running, I am assuming you have a Neptune controller? The noise with the DOS is my big con. The DOS is a noise thing at that's is why I switch the the GHL Maxi.

My system is in my home office. I tried everything to quiet down the DOS to no avail. The GHL is a little more difficult to setup, but I am very happy with my choice of changing to the GHL.
Agree yes, DOS is noisy, like a whining noise, and can be annoying definitely especially if your close to them

I run my water changes when I’m not home for this exact reason, and mine are located outside in an insulated shed and I can still just hear the sound!

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agree yes, DOS is noisy, like a whining noise, and can be annoying definitely especially if your close to them

I run my water changes when I’m not home for this exact reason, and mine are located outside in an insulated shed and I can still just hear the sound!
To add, if one is running the DOS remotely, one can have a 50' distance from pump to source.

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just so the OP knows the GHL Maxi has been out of production for a year and is basically discontinued in it’s present form. GHL hasn’t said anything regarding a replacement or status.

Back