Auto water changes

Company101

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone. I am in the process of setting up a water station in my house for auto top off and mixing water.
I sure do wish I had the drawing ability of some of the water closet I have seen.
My set is :
1- 6 stage ro/di. With booster pump
2 - two fifty five gallons drums
3 - 2 gallon ro reservoir ( set up at the tank ) with a float valve inside
4 - going to be getting the autoaqua awc for control with the smart plug for a bigger pump inside the salt mixing tank

my plan is to build a cabinet stack the 2 drum one on top of the other. With space between to add salt. And 2 bulkheads to drain water in the bottom drum. I have a 1/4” line to run to the ro reservoir ( going to be gravity fed from the ro tank to the reservoir going under my house.
mad for pumping water from the saltwater tank to the sump for water changes. I believe I am going to need a bigger pump then what comes with the autoaqua awc. I am running about 25’ from mic station to sump.
I appreciate any comments and if someone is bored and wants to help draw something up lol. That would be great.

My real question is what size pump should I get to go between the mix station and the sump?

Again this tubing will go under the house as well. I plan to insulate the tubing to help with the water getting colder during the winter. Might also add a heater to the mix station.

I am alsogonna need an idea on the ro side to ensure that when the float closes I know for sure water will cut off.
Thank you in advance.

Nanorock1970

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good project. My friend just bought the same AWC. His station is about 25' away from his tank in the garage. We were looking at the litermeter Remote Pump https://spectrapure.com/collections/litermeter/products/litermeter-iii-remote-pump-module-lm3-rpm. It can lift 25' and push 60'. Use the smart plug option to turn it on and off. Make sure to put a float switch back up on the end of the line where it fills your tank.
As far as the waste water. we decided to use the pump that came with the unit and have it pump into a condensate pump so we could pump it outside to a holding tank. The condensate pump has a small reservoir that fills up (like a sump pump) and pumps out in batches. Again make sure to have safeties in place to shut off the AWC should the condensate pump fail.

Also check out the BRS RO/DI water mistakes for some water safeties options.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 16 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 5 5.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 17 17.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 51 52.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 8.2%
Back