Autoaqua smart awc cable extensions/pump replacement

Viking_Reefing

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been using the autoaqua smart awc for a while and it’s working great. However, I’m changing the layout of my sump room and the storage bins for my RO and saltwater will be further away and the pumps will have to deal with more head pressure.

The cables that comes with the pumps are comically short and I’m doubtful that those small things will have enough umpf to push water against a couple of meters of head pressure.

Has anyone tried to just cut the wire and put in an extension? It was easy as heck to do that with my old Tunze osmolator.
Also, has anyone tried replacing the pumps with the tunze ones? They are both 12v.

Thanks!

Hooz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
AutoAqua make switched plugs that work with their stuff. They plug into the controller where the pump would, then you can plug any pump you want into the outlet end.

OP
OP
Viking_Reefing

Viking_Reefing

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
AutoAqua make switched plugs that work with their stuff. They plug into the controller where the pump would, then you can plug any pump you want into the outlet end.
Thanks. I’m aware of those things but 1. They seem to be hard to get ahold of in Sweden and 2. When it’s all said and done what started out as a inexpensive awc setup is getting close to a litermeter

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 32.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 24.4%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 16 18.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 24.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back