Autoaqua water changer

Discussion in 'General Equipment, Hardware, Filtration' started by Blz14me1, Feb 9, 2018.

1. Blz14me1

Blz14me1 Member

so I just ordered a autoaqua awc auto water changer from bulk reef supply. I’m totally excited about this equipment. For the water change / ato storage I picked up a 55 gallon tank on a dollar per gallon sale from pet supplies plus. Going to the glass place to get a piece cut for a divider to install to split the tank. I use about 1.5 gallon per day top off water and I’m planning on 2 gallon per day water change ( just over 2%) I should get about 9 days worth of storage with this setup. Has anyone tried out this equipment yet? Pros/cons? I’m currently manually adding top off water and yes I mix in buckets and manually do the water change thing as well, so going automatic is is going to be rainbows and unicorns in my eyes.

Tags:

2. Fudsey

Fudsey Jack of all trades R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Reef Tank 365 Build Thread Contributor Partner Member 2018

In for info. I have been looking at this and would love some insight. I have the room and already have the brutes I can use. I am doing manual 1 gal/day top off now like you are and this would be perfect for both

3. Blz14me1

Blz14me1 Member

For sure I just ordered it today so I should see a Wednesday delivery. I’ll post pics once I get it installed. As long as it works as advertised this will turn my daily maintenance into weekly.

Fudsey likes this.
  4. Blz14me1

Blz14me1 Member

So I received my equipment today and got it all hooked up. The drain is going into a bucked at the moment, this weekend I will take it to outside. So far I love this thing. I had to read the directions 4 times before I understood it all but I believe I have it set up. I guess I’ll find out in the morning if the top off is working properly and tomorro night if the water change is. I did a manual water change and it went great. Exactly what I expected. Here’s some pics of the install.

74C45516-0E08-4F22-829F-7C6DB472721F.jpeg

917F54F6-CABB-4B94-95C5-0A7E2A85C714.jpeg

AEC251D3-25D7-418F-A0FF-7956FEEAC95C.jpeg

0A82FC4C-D3FA-4437-ABE9-D40E5134D979.jpeg

Fudsey likes this.
  5. Fudsey

Fudsey Jack of all trades R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Reef Tank 365 Build Thread Contributor Partner Member 2018

So any update on this @Blz14me1 ? Thinking of getting one.

6. Blz14me1

Blz14me1 Member

Yes it works just fine. To be honest I absolutely love it. A few things I don’t like are when you have it set to auto water change the lights never dim or go off on the head unit so that’s important to know for placement. I ended up moving the head unit so I didn’t notice the lights on all the time. Other than that the magnets are kinda weak for the optical sensors. They hold them in place just fine but it’s easy to accidentally move them when your messing around near them. That’s the only flaws I have found so far.

Fudsey likes this.
  7. Blz14me1

Blz14me1 Member

Yes I have had no issues with it at all. Works well. There’s a couple thing I don’t care for about it but overall it works as advertised. When you have it set to auto water change the lights on the head unit never dim or go off so head unit placement should be taken into consideration. I ended up moving mine. The other thing is the magnets that hold the optical sensors are enough to hold them but if your screwing around near them it’s easy to bump them out of place. Other than these 2 things I’m happy with it

8. Blz14me1

Blz14me1 Member

Whoops dbl post

9. Fudsey

I'm thinking maybe a little double sided tape on the outside one will hold it in place if you accidentally hit it

Last edited: Mar 16, 2018
  10. Blz14me1

Blz14me1 Member

That’s not a bad idea.

Fudsey likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted