Automatic Feeding?

Amateur Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As I am setting up my new system, I am intrigued about automatic feeding systems. I like the videos of using the Neptune DOS to automatically feed frozen food but don't want to spend the extra money. I have an extra Jebao sitting around and could use that but should I worry about food rotting in the airline tubing between feedings since the Jebao (unlike the DOS) can't reverse pump?

Also looking at picking up at an Eheim auto feeder to put reef roids into the return section of the sump once or twice a day. Any thoughts on the efficacy of that?

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use the Eheim auto feeder when out of town. Works pretty good. Reef Roids are pretty fine in consistency. The Eheim might not be the best as it is geared towards larger particles. I'd also be concerned about the RR getting damp and turning into a solid block or gummy inside the Eheim.

Clownfishy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also use the Eheim to feed pellets when I am in holiday. As already stated, works real well. I would not use it all the time as the Eheim does not enclose the food completely and there is a definite smell of fish food from the room the aquarium is in when I get home.

xiaoxiy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Give the NYOS chromys or goldpods a try. I dose that via a normal doser and don't refrigerate/mix it manually. My tank has been fed it exclusively for the past few months without issue! Only thing is you can't use normal dosing connectors or it will clog. I've been using SMC 5mm quick connects and stretching the doser tubing over the 5mm coupler.

OP
OP
Amateur Reefer

Amateur Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Give the NYOS chromys or goldpods a try. I dose that via a normal doser and don't refrigerate/mix it manually. My tank has been fed it exclusively for the past few months without issue! Only thing is you can't use normal dosing connectors or it will clog. I've been using SMC 5mm quick connects and stretching the doser tubing over the 5mm coupler.
How exactly did you change the connectors out? I'm thinking about using a JEBAO doser.

xiaoxiy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How exactly did you change the connectors out? I'm thinking about using a JEBAO doser.
Nothing fancy. I just removed the existing connectors and pushed these ones on (stretching the tubing to do so).

Back