Automatic RODI Flush and ATO which eliminates TDS Creep - DIY Solution

sgrosenb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there,

I've got a possible DIY solution for an auto top off which eliminates TDS Creep. The diagram below shows my thought. Basically it's a dual solenoid - the first one opens for a few minute to flush the system, then the second one opens (and first one closes) and you have clean DI water for the tank. The top-off at the thank is merely a float switch. Anyone see any issues with this? I'm not well versed on RODI but I do know that pressure and on/off/on/off needs to be minimized. This also has a drinking water component, although I don't think that will play in to it much. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

-Scott

TDS Creep Elimination (small).png

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like it, thanks for sharing. Would love to see how this performs in field test :) . Not a plumbing expert, but I was wondering if theres any thing for safety. I would start with contemplating how things will unfold if each of the solenoid fails

KStatefan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is my DI-bypass system but not tied in to auto top off just my storage container.

kfG4tiE.jpg

OP
OP
S

sgrosenb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice thanks KState and Ranjib. KState - do you have a quick list of components in there? looks like a few solenoids and a controller of some sort? Thanks! Also any other info would be helpful. Appreciate it! :)

KStatefan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank Level Controller
Delay Relay
2 NC solenoids

OP
OP
S

sgrosenb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

dmolavi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. I think I'll pick up some from autotopoff.com and use a pi-zero for control (maybe link to reef-pi once I get that up and running).

HouseofStark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am trying to do the same setup, but I use a booster pump. I am having an issue with "auto shutoff pressure" switch seeing enough pressure to shut off. I have the pumps on/off pressure switch after the ro membrane and before TSDS flush solenoids....which does shut down the pump off after production has reached full level, but then I can see/hear the 4 way diaphragm pressure switch still letting water run down waste side off RO membrane. Any suggestions ideas? The only way I can get it to stop is, leaving the DI production solenoid on past shut down....and let water pressure build all the way back to the diaphram.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 22 28.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 29 37.7%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 26.0%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back