Automatic rodi setup

ifreefingwasaperson

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 17, 2022
Messages
274
Reaction score
90
Location
usa
What state or country do you live in
Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would like to setup an automatic flush on my rodi unit. From post and videos many people say remove the shut off valve and replace it with a solenoid valve. Those examples has a ball valve with a pressure regulator. Question is my rodi unit has a shutoff valve with built in regulator. If I remove the shutoff with built in regulator do I need to add a pressure regulator with the solenoid?
 
have you watched the videos on BRS? I have a two membrane setup 4 stage rodi. I left the original shutoff in the rodi system, and replaced the other line with a automatic flush valve from brs. Works great. I think every 10 or 30 minutes it automatically flushes the membrane.
 
I would like to setup an automatic flush on my rodi unit. From post and videos many people say remove the shut off valve and replace it with a solenoid valve. Those examples has a ball valve with a pressure regulator. Question is my rodi unit has a shutoff valve with built in regulator. If I remove the shutoff with built in regulator do I need to add a pressure regulator with the solenoid?
As mentioned above, it all comes in a kit. I got the one with a booster pump, but you can do it without. They give you an in line pressure switch, a in line solenoid valve, and a power supply. The auto shut off valve already on the rodi stays in place. When the pressure in the line drops when you start to make rodi, the flush valve opens and will close and open every so often as you make rodi. When you’re done making rodi, the pressure in the system builds back up, you’re auto shut off valve will shut off the incoming water as usual, and then the pressure switch closes the waste solenoid. Works great! Plus, it keeps you from forgetting, for a week, that you left the manual flush valve open!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new