OP
OP
R

Ray's Reefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fantastic.. is some of the detritus escaping from the sides? Can u please share the amazon link? The 3rpm pump ur using is chineese or a good brand?
the motor that turns the paper is not a pump, it is just a motor to turn the paper. the motor that i am using comes from a pool supply warehouse here in my town. if you look on amazon look up [3 rpm motor 120 volt] .

OP
OP
R

Ray's Reefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the motor that turns the paper is not a pump, it is just a motor to turn the paper. the motor that i am using comes from a pool supply warehouse here in my town. if you look on amazon look up [3 rpm motor 120 volt] .
try this, looks like what i am using
Fleck 5600 Replacement Timer & Piston Drive Motor - Genuine Fleck Part# 18743

JReef85

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ray can you post a link for the fleece roll. I've been thinking about building one of these with my new sump but can't find a place to purchase the roll. Thanks

ReeferReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It wouldn't be hard to install a float switch connected to an Apex breakout box, that turns on the motor for a complete rotation when the paper gets clogged and the water level rises.

OP
OP
R

Ray's Reefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It wouldn't be hard to install a float switch connected to an Apex breakout box, that turns on the motor for a complete rotation when the paper gets clogged and the water level rises.
That is true about adding a float switch and i thought about it in the first one i built, I just did not want to trust another piece of hardware to rely on. As far as hooking up to a controller that would be a very nice way of controlling how long and when to turn.

OP
OP
R

Ray's Reefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Currently setting up the two 40 gallon tanks on stand with a 55 gallon sump with a divider in the middle of the sump.Both tanks will have the same pumps, lights , protien skimmers. One will have roller filter , the other a filter sock . This is gonna be a good test.:):):):)

nanomania

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The amt of detritus it pulls out, i guess one can easily go skimmerless.

OP
OP
R

Ray's Reefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The amt of detritus it pulls out, i guess one can easily go skimmerless.
I would still run a skimmer,and I still do. Not sure about algae scubber yet as I have not reinstalled it, Couple more weeks and see. By the way the battle to see FILTER SOCK VS ROLLER FILTER is almost done.;););)

chicago

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
great info here. I am looking to put two of these on my system. can I put them is a sump that is let say. 14 by 19. in otherwords dropping it down into an opening that size in my sump

chicago

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
other question.. does the water have to pass through the matt paper.. I mean what keeps the water from going around the paper and under it and by pass the paper?

Atienne

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know this is an old thread, but I found it while looking to design/build my own filter roller for a new tank. I cannot find fleece paper rolls on Amazon. Would you mind posting a link? Do you think that Coolant filter paper rolls would work? My concern about that is that it's rated at 80 microns. Seems like at 80, it would get used up too quickly. Thanks..

FLSharkvictim

Shark Advocate
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, since i HAVE done the upgrade on my new TNK and went with a Rimless SCA-150! i have decided to go with a SS-44'' Synergy Sump and add in a Coralvue #Klir DI-4 Filter system. Here is what models I will be going with so I can finally say good bye to my filter socks...
I will be placing the order on the next few months w/ Synergy and Klir DI-4 ones they get's release here in the next month or so. New Build thread to come!

SS-44'' Blk & Rd Mercury

SS-44Red-Black.png

Matching ATO 10 Gallons
Red_Mercury ato.jpg

Klir Filter System
klirfilter_sump_side.jpg

Klir Specs .png

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 23.4%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 57 34.1%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 31.1%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.4%
Back