Automatic water changer setup

wonderphil-reef

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 2, 2021
Messages
133
Reaction score
88
Location
Kent
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys,

Wanted some advice about setting up my new Apex Dos as an automatic water changer. My system is about 500lt (110G I think). I was doing 100-125lt change a month.
I was thinking of splitting that 125lt change over 30 days so doing 4lt a day with this system.

Is this how others would do it?

Thanks

Phil
 
Hi guys,

Wanted some advice about setting up my new Apex Dos as an automatic water changer. My system is about 500lt (110G I think). I was doing 100-125lt change a month.
I was thinking of splitting that 125lt change over 30 days so doing 4lt a day with this system.

Is this how others would do it?

Thanks

Phil
I'm doing 1 gallon per day Monday thru Friday on my 100 gallon system.
Any amount you feel is fine.
I'm going small amount for the stability. It is still 20% per month which is more than I was doing before the DOS.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 50 34.7%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 6.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 13.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new