Automatic Water Testing

Raheel-82

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

I am just getting into corals. I have an apex but not sure if I should go for the trident, kh guardian or kh keeper plus. I am from India and here custom duty has recently gone up to 75% on electronics. So If I am to buy trident, I will have to pay 75% more of the original price which will burn a hole in my pocket whereas kh guardian and kh keeper are available here in India. Pls advice which one should I go for. I will be mostly having softies, lps and some sps down the road.

I know trident is to test Alk, Ca and Mg and hence I need advice.

Somewhere I read that if Alk is kept in check, Ca and Mg will also at ay in check, if this is the case then can I go with the kh guardian or kh keeper plus without worrying about Ca and Mg. If I take this route then how often would I be testing for Ca and Mg. Pls advice so I know or trident would be necessary and can’t be substituted.

I am not a lazy reefer but due to my work, I have to stay away from home for nearly 2-3 weeks at times and I don’t expect my wife to be doing the manual testing for me. Lol.

One last question, are kh guardian and kh keeper plus compatible with apex. Pls let me know.

Also many people say that kh keeper is accurate but had some issues and hence the new kh keeper plus was introduced to do away with the issues. I don’t see any reviews so far about the kh keeper plus.

Experienced reefers out there. Pls guide as to what will be the best way forward for me.

Thanks and sorry for the long message.

DrMMI

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Trident on both my tanks and would never run a reef tank without them again. I've never head about any of the other products so I can't comment on those. I dose kalkwasser to maintain Ca and alk. I still have to supplement some alk solution to get my all where I want it, which with the dos and trident, it adjusts that dose automatically. I only occasionally have to add extra calcium and maybe once a month add mg (I rarely do water changes). So I guess, it really depends on how much you're looking to spend and the convenience of it.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 14.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 7 5.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 16.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 67 56.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 6.7%
Back