Avast ATO/Apex

jonelder68

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 13, 2023
Messages
1,989
Reaction score
3,237
Location
Olathe
What state or country do you live in
Kansas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Having trouble getting my Avast ATO set up with the Apex. It hasn’t shut off the pump though I believe it’s past the shut off point? Both pressure tubes are under water. I have a breakout box with the 8 pin Y connector but for simplicity have removed it for now.

Here’s how it’s installed
IMG_7590.jpeg

IMG_7591.jpeg

^ both pressure tubes are under water. Do they have to reach a certain height up on the highest tube to shut off?
IMG_7592.png

Standard code from Avast to input/set up.
 
Do you have to turn switches or anything on in Apex settings? The dashboard doesn’t display any switches like I’ve seen in videos.
 
So that’s showing it’s connected? And that the switch is still closed. So per code:
If sw1 closed then On

So it’s still thinking water level is low still?
 
Had time to mess with it again this evening. I just submerged the sensors. Got it to switch to open. Raised it back up until it went back to closed and kicked the pump. Then bumped it back down until it turned off. I’ll let it run and see how it does…

Found a video online someone saying the pressure tube water level is sometimes different. It’s all off pressure so sometimes have to be farther submerged. Seems to be the case. Guess we’ll see.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 12 42.9%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 2 7.1%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new