Avast Marine Ato

RedReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I looking a purchasing an Avast ATO to work with my Avast Kalk stirrer. Any experience with this ATO? Should I by the peristaltic pump to supply the Kalk stirrer, or the standard micro dc pump that submerges in the ATO container? Is this a good top off system?

Mrx7899

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been running it for years with no problems . I would use the peristaltic pump for the kalk stirrer because it will dose it slow and not stirrer up a kalk in the stirrer unless the dc pump is really slow flow pump.

vtecintegra

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've used the ATO for a long time on my 29 gallon quarantine. Only problem I had was when I stuck the tube too deep in the water and it was taking a big drop in the water level to activate. Works best with the end of the tube not too deep.

I would probably use the BRS 50ml/min peristaltic unless you wanted to DOS for some reason.

Use to run the stirrer and fed it from a Tunze ATO. That amount of flow through the stirrer was ok, too.

slojim

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use the avast with the avast peristaltic pump, to the sump though, not a kalk stirrer. Been working well for almost a year.

Blue Spot Octopus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've used one for years, try to keep the magnet out of the water, play around with the tube so it is really sensitive to a pressure drop, I heard that some people have issues with that.

gerards_reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve used the Avast ato for years (over 5) also. As stated above be mindful of how deep you place the tube so that you don’t get the drop in water level before the pressure changes enough to activate it. Also listen to the advice about the magnet and keep it above your waterline.

Saltysailors

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve used the Avast ato for years (over 5) also. As stated above be mindful of how deep you place the tube so that you don’t get the drop in water level before the pressure changes enough to activate it. Also listen to the advice about the magnet and keep it above your waterline.
Yeah I’m going to have to play with the depth. I’m putting it in an wb 20 return section.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 34 29.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 27 23.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back