Avast Marine The Cannonball Review

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

trevorhiller

Reefing Nurse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I purchased the Plank Autofeeder from Avast Marine a few months ago. I'm quite happy with the feeder with one caveat... Where I positioned my feeder it's about 4" under an XR30 w/ ReefBrite hybrid light and gets blasted with PAR (silly me for not thinking this one out). Well what do you know, where nutrients and light are and herbivores aren't algae grows.

I reached out to Avast Marine works and inquired about a cover of some sort cover to shade the feeding tube from light. It took all of a few minutes to get a response and a few weeks for him to have a clever product designed, printed and named.

He calls it "The Cannonball" (I must also give him credit for brilliant product naming scheme). Very creative.

If you've got a similar situation I highly recommend the Avast Cannonball and the Plank Autofeeder. Your fish will love you for it!

Disclaimer: I did receive "The Cannonball" at no charge as a beta tester, I was neither asked, compensated nor does Avast Marine know I am posting this. I'm just a happy customer who appreciates good service from a small business, creative products and a constant desire to improve their product line.

Cannonball 2.jpg Cannonball.jpg

OP
OP
trevorhiller

trevorhiller

Reefing Nurse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thank you for posting. This is a very neat, clean and efficient solution. I see that the item is not yet available but when it is I would use one as well.
I just received the beta test product on Monday, so it's still early but they seem to work quickly. I imagine you won't have to wait too long.
Now I need to order something else from them.
Sorry for your wallet! ;)

BroccoliFarmer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@AVAST Marine - Any ETA on when these will be available? I have been intending to suggest this very thing because of the obvious reasons. Glad some one beat me to it.

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased the Plank Autofeeder from Avast Marine a few months ago. I'm quite happy with the feeder with one caveat... Where I positioned my feeder it's about 4" under an XR30 w/ ReefBrite hybrid light and gets blasted with PAR (silly me for not thinking this one out). Well what do you know, where nutrients and light are and herbivores aren't algae grows.

I reached out to Avast Marine works and inquired about a cover of some sort cover to shade the feeding tube from light. It took all of a few minutes to get a response and a few weeks for him to have a clever product designed, printed and named.

He calls it "The Cannonball" (I must also give him credit for brilliant product naming scheme). Very creative.

If you've got a similar situation I highly recommend the Avast Cannonball and the Plank Autofeeder. Your fish will love you for it!

Disclaimer: I did receive "The Cannonball" at no charge as a beta tester, I was neither asked, compensated nor does Avast Marine know I am posting this. I'm just a happy customer who appreciates good service from a small business, creative products and a constant desire to improve their product line.

Cannonball 2.jpg Cannonball.jpg
Well, that is something I'll have to add to my "to buy list"

907_Reefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just stumbled upon this, ordered! Have been going through the same issues with the Plank feeder running in the display, with algae clogging the mixing chamber (no sump here). I can ditch the cardboard now :grinning-face-with-sweat:

20230428_145149-jpg.3128458

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 16.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 11.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 148 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.4%
Back