Avoiding Dinos in New Tank

  • Thread starter Thread starter Auburn866
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Dinos, moneran mats of cyano agreed, there’s benefit and insulation and food acquisition abilities from the community

Single cells leftover from cleaning have a lot harder time remassing, preventative moves work better when there’s 99% less target mass.
 
To my surprise I couldn't find any "live rock" locally. Every LFS I went to didn't sell it either, they just start with dry rock and bacteria starter. Everywhere I looked online I couldn't much in stock either, and what was in stock was far more than I need to seed my 20 gallon nano. I ended up starting the tank with dry rock again. This time I've been dosing MB 7 and MB Clean from the start, something I saw on BRSTV. Tank just cycled and so far the ugly stage has been much lighter than last time, last time I started running lights after a couple of weeks but this time I'm waiting much longer.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new