OP
Lionfish Lair

Lionfish Lair

Renee
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's actually fine, they can use it. The write up is educational albeit not 100% accurate. Penn state outta know about copyright, however, so that strikes me as sad. How can they not be teaching this stuff?

I've only been ticked twice about people grabbing my photos. One site was selling WYSIWYG fish and was using a picture of my lion. How is that WYSIWYG!

OP
OP
Lionfish Lair

Lionfish Lair

Renee
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I get what you're saying, but it's not something I'm interested in pursuing.

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With lionfish in your name and lots of pots about lionfish they probably did a google image search and it easily landed that result, very search friendly

TheEngineer

Formerly icecool2
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I get what you're saying, but it's not something I'm interested in pursuing.
OK. It's like voting. If you don't vote, you don't get to complain about how bad our politicians are. :)

OP
OP
Lionfish Lair

Lionfish Lair

Renee
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My photos are everywhere. I've given permission to so many people, I don't even remember, so I'm careful to be REALLY sure before I say anything. I'm not sure with this one. Now that I've picked the camera back up, I've started watermarking and keeping tabs, but it's impossible to do with photos already in circulation.

OP
OP
Lionfish Lair

Lionfish Lair

Renee
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK. It's like voting. If you don't vote, you don't get to complain about how bad our politicians are. :)

But... but... I wasn't complaining. :) It actually struck me as funny in an ironic way.

I'm not allowed to vote, so I can complain all I want about politicians :)

ZoaReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL
Well, the only tank I know for sure that's splattered everywhere, including many coral seller's websites, is Jourdy's tank. No wonder, though.

redfishbluefish

Stay Positive, Stay Productive
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I knew you were a convicted felon Renee!
[emoji6]

Yep! That photo on that website of her tank implies that she was caught dumping lionfish into the ocean! :eek:

redfishbluefish

Stay Positive, Stay Productive
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll have to let Trump know we have bigger problems with our neighbors to the North before he builds the Mexican wall. That way he can use the Mexicans to build the Canadian wall before he kicks them out......and have the Canadians pay for it, ah. :rolleyes: :D

With our choices for President, maybe I'll join you!

OP
OP
Lionfish Lair

Lionfish Lair

Renee
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bahahahahahahahahahaha!

After 20 years of being here, I told the folks I was running home come November.

cu455

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Under the fair use doctrine they are able to use it. It is only 1 picture being used for an educational purpose and Penn State isn't profiting from the photo. Morally it might not be right, but legally it is fine.

OP
OP
Lionfish Lair

Lionfish Lair

Renee
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's not quite how it works. Schools must also always reference. Even if they met the other criteria, they still must give credit to whatever is not their own. There's also a lot of limitations it's not just a free for all, where everything goes.

But, this presentation is actually owned by a commercial company, Taylor Engineering, Inc.... not Penn State.

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Under the fair use doctrine they are able to use it. It is only 1 picture being used for an educational purpose and Penn State isn't profiting from the photo. Morally it might not be right, but legally it is fine.
nope. not true. in any case.

cu455

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's actually fine, they can use it. The write up is educational albeit not 100% accurate. Penn state outta know about copyright, however, so that strikes me as sad.

That's not quite how it works. Schools must also always reference. Even if they met the other criteria, they still must give credit to whatever is not their own. There's also a lot of limitations it's not just a free for all, where everything goes.

But, this presentation is actually owned by a commercial company, Taylor Engineering, Inc.... not Penn State.

This is a little contradictory. You first blame Penn State for not following the law then you blame Taylor Engineering.

I tried to open the PDF but my computer says it is corrupt. From what I see, I will be shocked if you took this to court and won. Send a cease and desist letter and see what they say.

nope. not true. in any case.

What is not true?

https://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/CHRG-113hhrg86454/pdf/CHRG-113hhrg86454.pdf

qxptplnxqtrhme965gal.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 32.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 19.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 26.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back