AWC (Hydros + Versa) - reality check

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great. So far so good, but I hate having to second-guess $200 pumps. I eyeball them every couple of days to make sure they are moving appropriately and monitor salinity.

Any way to remotely monitor that they are working?
My ATO on my Hydros usually catches any AWC issues. I have a maximum off time set so it will send an alert if the ATO does not turn on for 6 hours. That can be because the drain did not happen correctly but fill did. I also have a maximum on time set. If it goes that long trying to top off it will stop and send an alert. This could be it did drain correctly but did not fill correctly. I do use a dosing pump for an ATO. It has a flow rate of 43ml a minute. I also have a low level and a high level sensor but the ATO will alert before either of those trigger an alert.

OP
OP
J

JHSteepat

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My ATO on my Hydros usually catches any AWC issues. I have a maximum off time set so it will send an alert if the ATO does not turn on for 6 hours.
Not quite sure how to implement with third party ato (osmolator).

I’ll just monitor high and low in the sump and turn off ato/osmolator when awc is happening, so of there is a peri-pump issue, I’ll get an alarm.

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not quite sure how to implement with third party ato (osmolator).

I’ll just monitor high and low in the sump and turn off ato/osmolator when awc is happening, so of there is a peri-pump issue, I’ll get an alarm.
Here is a photo of my AWC and ATO pumps. The two on the left are the AWac. The top one is the fill pump and the bottom one is the drain pump. The one on the right is the ATO. All three are in the garage 35ft from the tank. The DI Reservoir and fresh saltwater reservoir are also in the garage. All three pumps are powered from three drive ports on the my Hydros collective.

IMG_8496.jpeg

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 135 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.9%
Back