B’s 65 Gallon Build Thread! Come on in!

Jon Fishman

Cleveland Ohio, buy/sell local!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Leave it open 24/7 and deal w evap? Not a big deal!! Just asking lol. I think this will be an easier /cheaper maybe even more effective way than a reactor. I don’t have fish or anything really going just yet but in the future I can add it!

I ran my 8’ tank topless..... the evaporation from that section of the sump won’t even be noticeable

OP
OP
Be102

Be102

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bump! Any light recommendations?

OP
OP
Be102

Be102

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay now I need some new advice... so I have my tank along a sliding glass door and the tank seems to struggle with keeping temp @ 78 when temps outside are 20*

what I want to do is add another heater to my sump (I think my sump prob similar to same spot for my heater now) and then hook it up to my ProfiLux to have it only turn on when it needs to help heat my tank.

I have two questions for this.

Basically I currently have 3 jager heaters. One is new which is sitting in my salt bucket, another is actually really old and I took it offline of my system cause I felt it was also struggle /it had water bubbles in it? (Some said that’s fine some said panic) and I have the one that is currently in my sump.

would you add the oldest one back to the sump put it on the p4 and have it control the temp and it won’t allow it to cook the tank?

would you just buy another one cause why not?

should I put the newest one in on the outlet as my main heater and the current one in my sump as the backup?

lol I can always get a new one they aren’t expensive just trying to see what’s the best idea. I don’t see much going wrong with it connected to my p4 and I was currently using it anyways to heat up salt water as the new one has just come in.

thansks!

Hyde2406

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What’s the worst thing from a cycle rather than algae? I just got some corals and inverts so not too worried about killing my fish. I do however have an extreme amount of live rock / a marine pure that I feel will give me good coverage for the adding or even taking live rock away.

Thanks for stopping by!
If it were me I would add it all.. Unlikely the fish will have any issue, might lose a coral but with only a few in there it isn't as bad

Hyde2406

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still need some guidance for something for my overflow box as well as how to quiet my sump. I got a stockman that made the overflow box itself quiet now it’s just noisy in the input of my sump. I’ve tried closing a gate valve, tried raising return pump , tried lowering return pump speeed and even tried varying flow from manifold to the fuge and still can’t get it quiet.. it’s not really noisy it just sounds as if it’s pulling lots of air in.. only way it doesn’t sound like is if I completely close the gate valve and make a siphon basically which is ok just don’t think it’s the only idea
I had issues when I had an overflow years ago I think I added a smaller bit of pipe and air line tubing half way down the return line.... Can't remember the details it was over 5 years ago sorry... I know I got the info from a thread on here though... It was a pipe with another smaller pipe glued to the inside of the larger pipe that sat in the return tube with the air line hose down through the smaller pipe... The whole thing was only an inch and a half - 2 inches tall but fixed the noise.... Sorry can't remember the name or anything else I'm sure someone with more expertise will step up..

OP
OP
Be102

Be102

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had issues when I had an overflow years ago I think I added a smaller bit of pipe and air line tubing half way down the return line.... Can't remember the details it was over 5 years ago sorry... I know I got the info from a thread on here though... It was a pipe with another smaller pipe glued to the inside of the larger pipe that sat in the return tube with the air line hose down through the smaller pipe... The whole thing was only an inch and a half - 2 inches tall but fixed the noise.... Sorry can't remember the name or anything else I'm sure someone with more expertise will step up..
I actually have basically what you described now! A stockman standpipe. My only problem is it’s noisy in sump and not as much coming down anymore.
Thanks for stopping by!

OP
OP
Be102

Be102

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an annoying leak from my manifold going into my carbon reactor.. how can I go about fixing it? It’s going into the water so it’s not a big deal but still.

I don’t think I can get my manifold out and go from there unless I undid all my gate valves lol.. still don’t remember how I got them all to go on think I just twisted them all at the same time.

C061B8E0-27FC-43ED-8D8A-B4C8A1CC78C0.jpeg

OP
OP
Be102

Be102

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bump... any ideas to help silence this? Noisiest part of my tank now and can’t figure it out..

Bump. Any ideas to fix this?

My tank is pretty much silent besides this noise...
It’s really annoying

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bump. Any ideas to fix this?

My tank is pretty much silent besides this noise...
It’s really annoying
Extend the pipes for your sump under the water line. Also adjust your gate valve so that your draining water closer matches pump output. By doing this it will cut down on air in the system and quiet it down.

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an annoying leak from my manifold going into my carbon reactor.. how can I go about fixing it? It’s going into the water so it’s not a big deal but still.

I don’t think I can get my manifold out and go from there unless I undid all my gate valves lol.. still don’t remember how I got them all to go on think I just twisted them all at the same time.

C061B8E0-27FC-43ED-8D8A-B4C8A1CC78C0.jpeg
Salt will eventually seal the leak.. my guess is you screwed the valves on prior to gluing.

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay now I need some new advice... so I have my tank along a sliding glass door and the tank seems to struggle with keeping temp @ 78 when temps outside are 20*

what I want to do is add another heater to my sump (I think my sump prob similar to same spot for my heater now) and then hook it up to my ProfiLux to have it only turn on when it needs to help heat my tank.

I have two questions for this.

Basically I currently have 3 jager heaters. One is new which is sitting in my salt bucket, another is actually really old and I took it offline of my system cause I felt it was also struggle /it had water bubbles in it? (Some said that’s fine some said panic) and I have the one that is currently in my sump.

would you add the oldest one back to the sump put it on the p4 and have it control the temp and it won’t allow it to cook the tank?

would you just buy another one cause why not?

should I put the newest one in on the outlet as my main heater and the current one in my sump as the backup?

lol I can always get a new one they aren’t expensive just trying to see what’s the best idea. I don’t see much going wrong with it connected to my p4 and I was currently using it anyways to heat up salt water as the new one has just come in.

thansks!
Yes, a second heater will help keep your temps where they need to be. Just put the second heater next to your first heater. This is what I do during the cooler months. Normally the tank stays warm in the summer.

OP
OP
Be102

Be102

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Switched my rocks around.. any advice?!

EE5C3D20-08FB-46BB-B0D4-CB26299240AA.jpeg 5C40A0E5-A6E4-4776-9908-6959B7A023DA.jpeg E75D99CD-A67D-475A-88F3-DDD8D1317BCB.jpeg 0DC09F1D-6B51-4C75-84F8-0E7E15EB24E3.jpeg

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 79 44.9%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 81 46.0%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 16 9.1%
Back