Babies!! I wasnt ready yet.

  • Thread starter Thread starter Gopi
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
I guess it's been quite awhile since the last update. I was pretty sick the last couple weeks of July and we're already back to school so I haven't been on the boards much at all.

Things were going quite well and the babies were growing nicely- almost time to move over the adult brine shrimp! Except...I woke up Saturday and the entire batch had died overnight. :( I'm really not sure what happened. The only thing I could think of is possibly my stash of salt water in the garage became contaminated somehow? Ghosts? It was a pretty crushing loss; I'd been feeling so successful with them. My papa horse looks like he's due any day now but...I don't see myself having the time/energy to rear another batch any time soon.

At least, I learned quite a bit. I enjoyed the experience...and I will not switch careers to become a professional seahorse breeder.
 
I'm sorry to hear that. I hope you do decide to try it again and if you do, I look forward to following along.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 11 26.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 11 26.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 6 14.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 19.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 2.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new