Babies!! I wasnt ready yet.

  • Thread starter Thread starter Gopi
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
I guess it's been quite awhile since the last update. I was pretty sick the last couple weeks of July and we're already back to school so I haven't been on the boards much at all.

Things were going quite well and the babies were growing nicely- almost time to move over the adult brine shrimp! Except...I woke up Saturday and the entire batch had died overnight. :( I'm really not sure what happened. The only thing I could think of is possibly my stash of salt water in the garage became contaminated somehow? Ghosts? It was a pretty crushing loss; I'd been feeling so successful with them. My papa horse looks like he's due any day now but...I don't see myself having the time/energy to rear another batch any time soon.

At least, I learned quite a bit. I enjoyed the experience...and I will not switch careers to become a professional seahorse breeder.
 
I'm sorry to hear that. I hope you do decide to try it again and if you do, I look forward to following along.
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 5 38.5%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 5 38.5%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 23.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new