Babies!! I wasnt ready yet.

  • Thread starter Thread starter Gopi
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
I guess it's been quite awhile since the last update. I was pretty sick the last couple weeks of July and we're already back to school so I haven't been on the boards much at all.

Things were going quite well and the babies were growing nicely- almost time to move over the adult brine shrimp! Except...I woke up Saturday and the entire batch had died overnight. :( I'm really not sure what happened. The only thing I could think of is possibly my stash of salt water in the garage became contaminated somehow? Ghosts? It was a pretty crushing loss; I'd been feeling so successful with them. My papa horse looks like he's due any day now but...I don't see myself having the time/energy to rear another batch any time soon.

At least, I learned quite a bit. I enjoyed the experience...and I will not switch careers to become a professional seahorse breeder.
 
I'm sorry to hear that. I hope you do decide to try it again and if you do, I look forward to following along.
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 11 32.4%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 17 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 8.8%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 11 32.4%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 11.8%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 16 47.1%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 9 26.5%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 14.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new