baby flying squirrel

  • Thread starter Thread starter miyags
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

miyags

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 12, 2009
Messages
1,787
Reaction score
814
Location
Erie PA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found a baby flying squirrel in the yard. should I leave it alone or try to save it? DSC00693.JPG
 
If you try to save it make sure you put in your QT tank first and treat it with copper...oh wait. I would contact your local Dept of Natural Resourses or find a wild life rehabilitator in your area and let the pros handle it.
 
awe... it's so cute. My uncle had 3 that he raised from finding them in his barn. I don't know if the fish and game commission will care about a baby squirrel. They will most likely tell you just to leave it there.
 
I'd monitor it for a couple to a few hours if you can to see if the mother comes for him, taking care to keep an eye out for cats or birds. A crow or hawk will make quick work of that thing if they see it. If not, then I'd consider it abandoned and take it to the wildlife center.
 
I'm going to leave it be for now,hopefully mom will come,but they are nocturnal.
 
I put him in a hand towel and placed it at the base of the tree I found him near. I was told to keep it warm?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 12 37.5%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 9 28.1%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 3 9.4%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 2 6.3%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.1%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new