Baby jellyfish???

  • Thread starter Thread starter grayor
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

grayor

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 11, 2026
Messages
9
Reaction score
0
Location
portland
What state or country do you live in
Oregon
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven’t seen anything like this, my clownfish seemed interested in something so I came over to look and I saw this, it looks like a little jellyfish and swims like a jellyfish, it hovers right below the water line

IMG_5070.jpeg
 
I don’t think it’s a hydroid either.. it’s the first time I’ve seen this
 
The picture is way too blue to see much of anything. Your description sounds like the Medusa stage of a hydroid though.

If you can grab a picture under white lights instead of blue it can help. Or use an orange filter (orange shooting glasses work as well).
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.2%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 29.0%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 30.6%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new