Baby Nassarius or Whelk?

Hugo Garcia

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 13, 2017
Messages
173
Reaction score
55
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys, I went to my LFS yesterday and saw this guys all over their tanks. I’m in Brazil, where the import of inverts from out of the country is illegal. No when I moved here, I had to leave my Nassarius Snail behind. They supposedly don’t existe here, so I was surprised when I saw this snails at their tanks.
I asked them if there where nassarius, and they had no idea. They said this snails just showed up and started taking over the tanks.
So I was wondering are they nassarius, whelks or some other pest?

A293354A-0B1B-4CAA-8A8D-AA937CBA2181.jpeg 55913200-640A-447D-A2AB-33285F08AAFF.jpeg 52A1072D-FA53-435C-837C-1ED552AC407F.jpeg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new