Baby sea snake? Definitely doesn't look like a bristle worm.

OP
OP
FugeTown

FugeTown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, could be! Need a close up of it!
He got away lol I've seen it before maybe it was a different one but it seems to eat stuff off he rocks. If it gets big I'm gonna blow my tank up cause I don't mess with snakes lol. I don't think I can get a close up cause my ipod camera isn't the best camera in the world.

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve never heard of anyone having one in their tank before! Possible hitchhiker on live rock. When did you first notice it? Have you added any live rock recently?

OP
OP
FugeTown

FugeTown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How big is it? Does it come up for air?
It's tiny if I was to guess I'd say maybe 1/8 to 1/4" long not sure if it goes for air I barely see the thing I just happen to be taking a photo of what looks like clownfish eggs and seen the little guy so got a video while I had the chance.

Carter o51

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That video looks like the thing is moving similarly to a millipede, crawling not swimming. Does it have small legs? Could be some sort of arthropod

OP
OP
FugeTown

FugeTown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve never heard of anyone having one in their tank before! Possible hitchhiker on live rock. When did you first notice it? Have you added any live rock recently?

I've added a big maze coral colony that was grown on a piece of live rock that appears to be taken out of the ocean. I bought it from liveaquaria plus I got a neon green candy cane coral but on a frag plug so don't think it came from that.

OP
OP
FugeTown

FugeTown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That video looks like the thing is moving similarly to a millipede, crawling not swimming. Does it have small legs? Could be some sort of arthropod
Too small to see , but I'm sure I've seen one before and haven't noticed any big ones yet , but I have damsels and clowns that love picking copepods when the lights turn on so I could picture hem eating these things before they have a chance to grow.

Dsnakes

Knight Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is very interesting! Looks to be crawling, but that movement back is very quick.

KJ

Lone Wolf
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Polychaete Eunice.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 41.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 25 19.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 45 35.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back