Baby snails everywhere!!!

Aaron hacking

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 25, 2016
Messages
46
Reaction score
9
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I noticed them probably 2weeks ago. Didn't think much of it because there were only a few. Well the population has grown. I'm pretty sure they are cerith snails. I don't know if I should take some out or just let them be... I don't want a bunch to die off and cause a spike. What do you think?

Are the males smaller than females? Because I see this quite often too... (Pic #2)
image.jpeg
image.jpg
image.jpeg
 
That's pretty cool!

Maybe you can bring them to your LFS for credit?

~Bruce, who just noticed a baby snail in his tank - but needed a magnifying glass to confirm its identity!
 
That's awesome, I have been hoping this will happen in my tank some day.
 
I just had my peppermint shrimp have a bunch of babies too. I looked into my fuge and could see tons of them swimming around but before I could really isolate any to grow they were pushed into the DT. Atleast my fire fish and clowns are fat and happy today lol
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 19 21.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 27 30.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new