Baby Snails

  • Thread starter Thread starter Kiboshed
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Kiboshed

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 15, 2022
Messages
422
Reaction score
328
Location
82637
What state or country do you live in
Wyoming
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never thought I would get baby snails.

I have over 7 different snail species in my tank and I have seen many different egg clutches, but I figured they would always get eaten or the conditions would never be right for hatching.

Well I was wrong.

Checking the tank today I have these tiny snails all over my tank. The seem like algae eaters as the only congregate where there is film algae.

My guess is the Dwarf Cerith Snails as there is a lot of them in my tank and they look similar. Self perpetuating CuC is the BEST!

Just wanted to share that it is possible.

PXL_20240302_072048946.jpg
PXL_20240302_072059153.jpg
 
Never thought I would get baby snails.

I have over 7 different snail species in my tank and I have seen many different egg clutches, but I figured they would always get eaten or the conditions would never be right for hatching.

Well I was wrong.

Checking the tank today I have these tiny snails all over my tank. The seem like algae eaters as the only congregate where there is film algae.

My guess is the Dwarf Cerith Snails as there is a lot of them in my tank and they look similar. Self perpetuating CuC is the BEST!

Just wanted to share that it is possible.

PXL_20240302_072048946.jpg
PXL_20240302_072059153.jpg
How are the snails doing? I noticed last week I have these black spots all over my sand and I didn’t think much of it and theme that night I saw them all over my glass.
 
How are the snails doing? I noticed last week I have these black spots all over my sand and I didn’t think much of it and theme that night I saw them all over my glass.
There are hundreds of them now. If they didn't clean my tank and bothered my fish or corals I would consider them a pest.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 6.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 22 19.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 32.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new