Baby Trochus Snails

sksouthpaw

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all, little back story, I had 6 Trochus snails I had added to my tank at that died a couple months ago (I think the copper from the LFS water when I added my blue star in). I was bummed. Fast forward two months and I now see a few small baby trochus snails on my rockwork!
I was wondering if there is a rough guide to how old these Juveniles are. I have one about the size of a button, and one about the size of a small nerd, does anyone know roughly how old this would correlate to? Im guessing the bigger one is probably a month or two old but I have no idea.
On a side note super pumped, l love trochus snails!
Here are the two I could get a pic of but there are 5 so far that Ive found (excuse the algae, its a work in progress)

24232995-3A99-490B-A506-1F62D7E03382.jpeg 760B11CB-7790-4B03-BA15-E47E9D0D3C5E.jpeg

MNFish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hard to say. I have button sized ones I probably notice 6 weeks ago when they were tiny, but not sure how long they were around prior. They seem to grow fast. I am a bit concerned about the numbers I have now but as a side note I bought one of the algae feeders with the squares and after the fish get done the trochus go to work on what's left. I often have to pick 10 of them off to change the algae....

OP
OP
sksouthpaw

sksouthpaw

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hard to say. I have button sized ones I probably notice 6 weeks ago when they were tiny, but not sure how long they were around prior. They seem to grow fast. I am a bit concerned about the numbers I have now but as a side note I bought one of the algae feeders with the squares and after the fish get done the trochus go to work on what's left. I often have to pick 10 of them off to change the algae....
Oh wow! Thats pretty amazing! Any idea what age they can start reproducing?

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 27 14.7%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 90 48.9%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 57 31.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.7%
Back