Baby Yellow Lined Chromis

  • Thread starter Thread starter rjdasilva
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

rjdasilva

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 17, 2017
Messages
50
Reaction score
64
Location
SF Bay Area
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Reefers,
So I was just looking at my 50 EXT IM reef and discovered that my 2 adult Yellow Lined Chromis have about 10 little frys about 1/8” in length. Parents are quite mean and very territorial as they got bigger 2.5-3.0”. I’m not sure how to care for the fry.
 
Acanthochromis polyacanthus, right? I’ve raised gold damsels, but not these. They have direct development, so should take enriched baby brine and maybe Otohime right away. Funny thing though, the times I’ve heard home aquarists finding them n their tanks, they just disappeared in a few days, I don’t know why.
Jay
 
Acanthochromis polyacanthus, right? I’ve raised gold damsels, but not these. They have direct development, so should take enriched baby brine and maybe Otohime right away. Funny thing though, the times I’ve heard home aquarists finding them n their tanks, they just disappeared in a few days, I don’t know why.
Jay
You’re completely correct that the fry
have been known to disappear soon after discovery. Mine are all gone. Can’t find them anywhere. I have a hunch that their parents or other fishes in my aquarium (green chromis, bicolor blenny, ocellaris &
Threadfin cardinal) could’ve consumed them. Too bad. If it happens again, I’ll try to remove them and feed them as advised. Thank you Jay.
Hi Reefers,
So I was just looking at my 50 EXT IM reef and discovered that my 2 adult Yellow Lined Chromis have about 10 little frys about 1/8” in length. Parents are quite mean and very territorial as they got bigger 2.5-3.0”. I’m not sure how to care for the fry.
Acanthochromis polyacanthus, right? I’ve raised gold damsels, but not these. They have direct development, so should take enriched baby brine and maybe Otohime right away. Funny thing though, the times I’ve heard home aquarists finding them n their tanks, they just disappeared in a few days, I don’t know why.
Jay
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 9 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 19.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 39 31.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 8.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 18 14.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new