Baby's first dosing...Please help me with my alk

tadrielobrien

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had my 13.5 Fluval Evo up and running for almost a year now. In that time I have added many a euphyllia, favia, pally (...Never again), and acan. With so many fat and happy corals, my alk has been dropping to 8.2-8.0. I then purchased Reef Foundation B Alkalinity to begin dosing. I worked it out to 3.5 mL to increase my alk from 8.2 to 9 yesterday (using the dosing on the box of 1mL per 100L for a 0.1 dKH increase). Today I went to test my alk using my Hanna checker, and I am still getting reads of 8.2. Does it usually take a day or two for the dosing to show up on tests, or is it possible I just didn't dose enough the first time?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I have had my 13.5 Fluval Evo up and running for almost a year now. In that time I have added many a euphyllia, favia, pally (...Never again), and acan. With so many fat and happy corals, my alk has been dropping to 8.2-8.0. I then purchased Reef Foundation B Alkalinity to begin dosing. I worked it out to 3.5 mL to increase my alk from 8.2 to 9 yesterday (using the dosing on the box of 1mL per 100L for a 0.1 dKH increase). Today I went to test my alk using my Hanna checker, and I am still getting reads of 8.2. Does it usually take a day or two for the dosing to show up on tests, or is it possible I just didn't dose enough the first time?
Although nothing wrong with dosing in a tank this size, water changes will save you time and liquids
If dosing, aim for 9dkh especially if only a few coral
Alk also impacts calcium so monitor that too

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 66 85.7%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 6.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.9%
Back