Back at it!!

Paratrooper Lutz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't believe there new products and features current reef tank setups offer. Back 20 years ago when I lived in Vancouver, WA. I started with a 55 gallon Glass Tank, Wet Dry Sump, a Protein Skimmer, 2 Fluorescent Blue Moons, 4 Power Heads, and a Custom Built Hood. My Rock was all Fiji with a Beautiful Pink Purple with little Extras Sea Creatures Popping out of it. I always had Beautiful Corals, and My Elegance Coral was the Center Piece of my Soft Corals. Portland, Oregon had some of the Best Reef Stores in the Pacific NW. One store was a converted Basement and Dang it had everything, it was more like a Warehouse you'd see in Florida. Had 6 Assorted Damsels, A Hawkfish that was determined to escape my Tank by , wish I could remember the name and see if they are still up and Running.jumping out 3 or 4 times until he or she eventually got there wish, one Flame Angel and one Yellow Tang. It was beautiful only trouble I ever had was the Live Bristle Worms in my Reef Tank. Once they went crazy reproducing I guess and Started Shooting a Milky White Substance into my Tank. Back then not much was understood about the benefits of having them in your Reef, It was a showdown. Tried tapping them, Running Hot Water over my Beautiful Fiji 8-(. So I am a Bassist and had a show in Downtown Portland, well the little, well 6" Bristle Worm got its revenge and sung the Hell out of me, almost had to cut my wedding Band off. Went to my gig I was talking about but my finger only got worse and locked up! NO ONE could seem to help me even called the Oceanography Dept up in Seattle at University of Washington asking a Professor about my sting, Had No Answer but had me Ship some of the Bristle Worms for Study. Well one day my wife decided to clean my glass on my Reef Tank Killed ALL my Corals and all my fish except for the Damsels. Would have had to sell them all in a couple months as we moved back to NC where we met and got married while I was a Paratrooper at Ft Bragg.
Well 20 years later I decided to start again but this tone downsized to a modified 29 Gallon Plexiglass Reef Tank I picked up used. Boy was I NOT HAPPY at first. But slowly building there sytem back up. That's all for now. Thanks for Letting me Join your Awesome Site.
Lutz

SaltyCupcake

Mermaid
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!!

giphy (19).gif

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 135 88.2%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.9%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.0%
Back