Back at it!!

PTXReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't believe there new products and features current reef tank setups offer. Back 20 years ago when I lived in Vancouver, WA. I started with a 55 gallon Glass Tank, Wet Dry Sump, a Protein Skimmer, 2 Fluorescent Blue Moons, 4 Power Heads, and a Custom Built Hood. My Rock was all Fiji with a Beautiful Pink Purple with little Extras Sea Creatures Popping out of it. I always had Beautiful Corals, and My Elegance Coral was the Center Piece of my Soft Corals. Portland, Oregon had some of the Best Reef Stores in the Pacific NW. One store was a converted Basement and Dang it had everything, it was more like a Warehouse you'd see in Florida. Had 6 Assorted Damsels, A Hawkfish that was determined to escape my Tank by , wish I could remember the name and see if they are still up and Running.jumping out 3 or 4 times until he or she eventually got there wish, one Flame Angel and one Yellow Tang. It was beautiful only trouble I ever had was the Live Bristle Worms in my Reef Tank. Once they went crazy reproducing I guess and Started Shooting a Milky White Substance into my Tank. Back then not much was understood about the benefits of having them in your Reef, It was a showdown. Tried tapping them, Running Hot Water over my Beautiful Fiji 8-(. So I am a Bassist and had a show in Downtown Portland, well the little, well 6" Bristle Worm got its revenge and sung the Hell out of me, almost had to cut my wedding Band off. Went to my gig I was talking about but my finger only got worse and locked up! NO ONE could seem to help me even called the Oceanography Dept up in Seattle at University of Washington asking a Professor about my sting, Had No Answer but had me Ship some of the Bristle Worms for Study. Well one day my wife decided to clean my glass on my Reef Tank Killed ALL my Corals and all my fish except for the Damsels. Would have had to sell them all in a couple months as we moved back to NC where we met and got married while I was a Paratrooper at Ft Bragg.
Well 20 years later I decided to start again but this tone downsized to a modified 29 Gallon Plexiglass Reef Tank I picked up used. Boy was I NOT HAPPY at first. But slowly building there sytem back up. That's all for now. Thanks for Letting me Join your Awesome Site.
Lutz

Welcome to the R2R community, Lutz! What a story :D and can't wait to see the new set up! Happy reefing!

giphy.gif

OP
OP
Paratrooper Lutz

Paratrooper Lutz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey how's it going I have 2 of the same lights?
I ended up spending the money to upgrading to one 48" and one 60" IC Pro Fixture. Tank is doing alright, finally got past the Cycling of my Aquarium, have a new 20 gallon sump built with a Rollermat but have to decide exactly how to pump it since my 70 gallon aquarium has a built in sump so I will need to do some creative plumbing. I need to masks sure everything gets filtered by the rollermat and used by the refugium before getting cycled back into the rear sump and then Display. But here are a few photos of where my tank is now in case anybody is interested. Good Reefing
20200717_191456.jpg
20200717_191424.jpg 20200717_191345.jpg 20200717_191229.jpg 20200717_190848.jpg 20200717_190751.jpg 20200717_190502.jpg 20200717_185840.jpg 20200717_185307.jpg 20200717_184903.jpg 20200717_184721.jpg

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
very nice!! start a build thread,so we can all see how you make this work , :cool:

OP
OP
Paratrooper Lutz

Paratrooper Lutz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey how's it going I have 2 of the same lights?
I ended up spending the money to upgrading to one 48" and one 60" IC Pro Fixture. Tank is doing alright, finally got past the Cycling of my Aquarium, have a new 20 gallon sump built with a Rollermat but have to decide exactly how to pump it since my 70 gallon aquarium has a built in sump so I will need to do some creative plumbing. I need to masks sure everything gets filtered by the rollermat and used by the refugium before getting cycled back into the rear sump and then Display. But here are a few photos of where my tank is now in case anybody is interested. Good Reefing

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 22.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 3.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 8 11.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 36 53.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 9.0%
Back