Back in after 12 years away

N2950H

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I'm getting back into reef tanks after about 12 years of being away. I am currently shopping for a shallow frag style rimless tank but haven't decided on one yet. The AIO prices are attractive, currently looking at the Waterbox 28.2, but have a bit of research to do still. Don't quite know yet if an AIO is best for my purposes of keeping some LPS, soft corals, clams, and a few fish. AIOs weren't a thing when I left the hobby so I have a lot to catch up on before I make a purchase. Anyway, happy to be here.

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!
tenor.gif

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to R2R and welcome back to reefing!!!

Dusting.gif

Once you knock off a little dust, you'll be back on top of your game in no time! We're glad you're here!!!

Mike.P

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I'm getting back into reef tanks after about 12 years of being away. I am currently shopping for a shallow frag style rimless tank but haven't decided on one yet. The AIO prices are attractive, currently looking at the Waterbox 28.2, but have a bit of research to do still. Don't quite know yet if an AIO is best for my purposes of keeping some LPS, soft corals, clams, and a few fish. AIOs weren't a thing when I left the hobby so I have a lot to catch up on before I make a purchase. Anyway, happy to be here.

It all depends on how big you want to go... If you don't plan to get more livestock than what you've said here, I think an AIO will do just fine. Waterbox makes really nice tanks, and I just saw the exact one that you're looking into the other day; an LFS not too far from me got one in, and set it up as frag tank. It looked really, really good.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
You already may have noticed the many changes in skimming, lighting, dosing and the list goes on. We'll get you up to date in no time !!

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 43 35.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 22.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back