Back in hobby after away for 15+ years

dio

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got back into this hobby after 15+ yrs away, Recently bought a used 100 gallon tank/dry rocks. Trying to save money on budget equipments/reused from previous.
First 2 weeks been using Fritz turbostart 900 & ammonia to cycle the tank, amazingly able to complete the cycle in 9 days. Then for last month and a half, been battling all these ugly diatom/cyano. Been dosing microbacter 7 and clean and things are looking good. Been slowly adding fish and some corals in the tank.

Current setup
100 Gallon Truvu
Aquamaxx cones co-1 skimmer
wet dry (replaced bioball with marine pure brick)
2 x nicrew 150w led with controller

Last edited:

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got back into this hobby after 15+ yrs away, Recently bought a used 100 gallon tank/dry rocks. Trying to save money on budget equipments/reused from previous.
First 2 weeks been using Fritz turbostart 900 & ammonia to cycle the tank, amazingly able to complete the cycle in 9 days. Then for last month and a half, been battling all these ugly diatom/cyano. Been dosing microbacter 7 and clean and things are looking good. Been slowly adding fish and some corals in the tank.

Current setup
100 Gallon Truvu

Welcome and welcome back to hobby! Glad you joined.

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID)

This might help you find people local to you in San Bruno:

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to your new home for saltwater reef aquarium resources and fun! Welcome to the family! :D
welcome-home-logo-greeting-png.1484246

WirelessMike

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Current setup
100 Gallon Truvu
Welcome to the reef! Can’t wait to see how this turns out

Back