Back in the hobby after about a decade.

AJ_Tsin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't really posted on forums since 2014.

I had a reef crash on me while I was away, tore it down and didn't want anything to do with coral for years.

In 2020 during the first COVID lockdown in Canada, I decided to set up a little tank. Another year and a bit later, finally decided to begin posting here on R2R again. A lot has changed in the hobby since my last build, but surprisingly my experience last time around has held up.

Other than the complete transition to LED the biggest change I notice is 0.00 PO4 and NO3 is no longer the holy grail. In fact I learned this the hard way with a solid 3-4 month Dino bloom last year when I bottomed out nutrients. Oh and all fish meds are impossible to get in Canada!? Anything else I missed lol?

Anyway, it feels good to be back on here. I am sick of mindlessly scrolling through news and negative social media etc. I'd much rather mindlessly scroll through build threads, Coral posts and FTS.

chipchipbro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome back brother! Good to have you here. I almost had the same comeback :) Been out for like 10 years when Halides and 0.00 po4 /no3 were a thing. LEDs were just about to come..

OP
OP
AJ_Tsin

AJ_Tsin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome back brother! Good to have you here. I almost had the same comeback :) Been out for like 10 years when Halides and 0.00 po4 /no3 were a thing. LEDs were just about to come..
Thanks. Oh yea. I ran pretty sketchy halide bulb/ballast combo on my first bio cube and had an 8 bulb ATI T5 over my last setup. Safe to say electricity and bulb costs have dropped at least with LED.

G Santana

Hospitality Elf
View Badges
Reaction score
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/this-little-pigg
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome back, good luck with your build
ZomboMeme 16122021162209.jpg

flyfisherman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
This <<Anyway, it feels good to be back on here. I am sick of mindlessly scrolling through news and negative social media etc. I'd much rather mindlessly scroll through build threads, Coral posts and FTS.>>>

Lol i know you just from stumbling on your name researching various OG rare pieces...

Anyways welcome back, dont be afraid to restock OG pieces, some of the new released stuff is garbage....

OP
OP
AJ_Tsin

AJ_Tsin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This <<Anyway, it feels good to be back on here. I am sick of mindlessly scrolling through news and negative social media etc. I'd much rather mindlessly scroll through build threads, Coral posts and FTS.>>>

Lol i know you just from stumbling on your name researching various OG rare pieces...

Anyways welcome back, dont be afraid to restock OG pieces, some of the new released stuff is garbage....
Thanks. Yea I used to be a close customer of Jay from RRC back in the day and had some sweet OG stuff.

The first acros I got this time around were Wolverine, Shazam and Pink Caddilac which were some of my favourites from back then.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 144 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back