Back in the Hobby!

HDNDreef

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 18, 2025
Messages
1
Reaction score
13
Location
San Diego
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone! Returning to the hobby after about a 16 year hiatus. I’m currently in the Navy and broke my last tank down prior to shipping off to basic training in 2009 (metal halides, compact fluorescents, extremely loud return pumps).
A was able to piece together all my equipment over the course of a few weeks using FB marketplace and started the cycle on June 1st 2025 using “dry rock”. Where did the Fiji live rock go lol???
The tank is a 45g JBJ rimless AIO. Anyway, just figured I would stop in and introduce myself, if you’re in San Diego- hit me up!

IMG_0194.jpeg
 
Welcome to your new home for saltwater reef aquarium resources and fun! Welcome to the family! :D
welcome-home-logo-greeting-png.1484246
 
Hey everyone! Returning to the hobby after about a 16 year hiatus. I’m currently in the Navy and broke my last tank down prior to shipping off to basic training in 2009 (metal halides, compact fluorescents, extremely loud return pumps).
A was able to piece together all my equipment over the course of a few weeks using FB marketplace and started the cycle on June 1st 2025 using “dry rock”. Where did the Fiji live rock go lol???
The tank is a 45g JBJ rimless AIO. Anyway, just figured I would stop in and introduce myself, if you’re in San Diego- hit me up!

IMG_0194.jpeg
Welcome to the forums!
 
Welcome back to reefing and welcome to Reef2Reef. The greatest community out of water!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new