Back in the hobby

JZ199

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome! And welcome back to the hobby! Great looking tanks!!

20230123_222953.gif

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all!

About a 10 year break and finally back! So happy!

Innovative Marine 40 Lagoon w/Sky LED build in progress. Setup is only 2 months old.

JBJ 10 Gal Rimless with Kessil is less than 30 days old.

Both fully automated system ready, but dosing old school manually for now even though I have the equipment. Getting hands on and knowing my system is best for now before I go fully automated with Trident and Neptune Dose. Between weekly WC’s, dosing is minimal right now anyway. K.I.S.S method!

IM 40 will be mixed reef with a focus on some nice SPS pieces I will add in the 6-12 month period after the system is much more mature. Have a few nice Zoa/LPS for now and a couple of easy to keep SPS frags.

Nano will stay with the pair of Snowstorm Clowns and the will add colorful anemone in 6 months or so time. This setup is in my office within view of my desk.

Systems are located at my 15 mins from my house. Currently planning another setup for my home. What has been amazing is my staff and customers joy when seeing the tanks and I love sharing the hobby. My staff eat in the break room every day by the IM 40 and stopped eating out for lunch, haha!

JBJ is just getting through the ugly stage. Dosing MB7 and Pods in both systems.

Not the best photos, but took a couple pics of where they stand today.

8C80D170-D6C2-4D74-B98C-73564E2289FE.jpeg FD087819-7F6B-4F25-AF15-94136CA527DF.jpeg

Welcome! Glad you joined.

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread under Forum > Member Aquariums and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID). You might consider one for each tank (entirely up to you) but they will only give you one badge.

This might help you find people local to you in GA:

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:

OP
OP
jcusmarine

jcusmarine

Club Cube
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome! Glad you joined.

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread under Forum > Member Aquariums and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID). You might consider for each tank (entirely up to you) but they will only give you one badge.

This might help you find people local to you in GA:

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:
yes - going to do a build thread for sure!

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 97 44.3%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 73 33.3%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 35 16.0%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 12 5.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 0.9%
Back